Schwinn Exorciser w/ VIDEO update

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackwalls are on and the wheels are as honest as they need to be. I need to sort through some boxes to find pedals and a chain in order to take it for a spin but at least is a roller now and I can see how it sits.

Far from done though. After all the Devil is in the details...
The-Exorcist-BTS.jpg

Details huh? Hmmmm, it's winter in 'sconnie....ice fishing theme...? :wink1:

Details huh? Hmmmm, it's winter in 'sconnie....ice fishing theme...? :wink1:
Sturgeon spearing started yesterday and now you have me thinking about next year. Studded tires and a trident???????

20170205_233236_zpsetdn44ex.jpg
I'm diggin the bend in that front fender brace , I'd be very temted to bend the others too match .

View attachment 45699 I'm diggin the bend in that front fender brace , I'd be very temted to bend the others too match .
Tempting indeed. I might have to do something as the fender currently leans pretty hard to one side. The thought of just whacking that fender brace does make me a little nervous.

No matter what I do, at least I know I will have someone watching over me.

I love the patina on this one.
The light is perfect for it too

Not really a siren or a horn, it actually makes a pretty horrible sound. Perfect for driving out the demons.

Since the fenders are blacked out I figure the grips and seat should be black as well. The grips are some age appropriate scripts, although I believe this bike would have had red/orange grips originally. For the seat I decided to try the one that came with the parts and I kind of like it. Likely off an old English 3 speed but I really like the crash rail for this build. About 75% sure I'm going to keep it.

I had plans to do some "actual real work" on the bike last night but I hadnt realized that the stem was stuck. Going to soak and hammer for the next day or 3 and then its on!
I'm currently working on a similar bike, rebuilding my friends first bike that he used to Deliver the Detroit News. He wants it to look sort of original. I have the porject posted under "Builds". This is quite a bike, wish I had one. Here is my friends bike as it sits now, not quite finished.
IMG_1156.JPG

I'm currently working on a similar bike, rebuilding my friends first bike that he used to Deliver the Detroit News. He wants it to look sort of original. I have the porject posted under "Builds". This is quite a bike, wish I had one. Here is my friends bike as it sits now, not quite finished.
View attachment 45865
Oh yes, I've been lurking in your build thread. Now that you have the steer tube switched back to stock, you shouldnt need that fender bracket anymore. Personally I like it the way you had it set up first and the way mine is set up here.

No excuse for how slowly this build has been coming along. Time to pull the trigger.

Update on the chain. It wasnt long enough but I was able to find the same chain but with a shiny nickel finish. After some experimenting with toilet bowl cleaner, I got a pretty good match to the old one. I also picked up a bell for the bars.

Also picked up this old Ford (I think) tail light this past weekend and got it mocked up. I still have to paint-tina the bracket I made and find another jewel or two to hold it all together.

I just realized we have less than a month left, and I will be out of town for a week of it. Happens Every Time!!!

Tail light has been rewired and now lights up at the same time as the front and the button.

I also picked up this little relic to help keep the demons in their Cages.

Nicolas-Cage-2.png

Finally able to put this on. It sparked the initial idea for the build theme. I bought it a couple years ago with plans to paint blood dripping from it and hang it upside down. Turns out I'm not that evil or at least I never built a bike that was, so why not go the other direction with it????

article-image-57.jpg

I suffered some technical difficulties and as a result my laptop has been at a repair center several states away for the last 3 weeks so I have not been making many updates. I did however finish the bike up and took it for a ride yesterday over to get some good pics and will post them soon in the Finished thread. In the meantime here is a little walk around video I shot before taking it on its maiden voyage.

Back