Schwinn Exerciser Stretch.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Schwinn Excercisor Stretch.

i gotta ask, where did that huge sprocket come from? that is so cool.

a suggestion for ya. an upside down set of cruiser bars might fit this build well, and allow you to lean back more.
IMG_1490.jpg

Thanks everyone. I think you are right about the chainguard. I may paint it with the rest of the bike to see if it makes a difference, but I think right now it looks better without it. The tail light looks too much to me tas well. I'll leave the tab on the frame. Maybe I can make a number plate for it or something.I found another seat that looks better. Hopefuly I will make some good progress today. and post a pic later on.

bring.doom said:
I really need to find an excercisor just for the huge sprocket.

If all you want is a huge sprocket, I have another. If interested, PM an offer.

I need to either find a 26" coaster brake wheel or lace one up. I think this looks good as a single speed. I also realized I have no need for a kickstand.
The head tube angle is okay for cruising, but at higher speeds It is unstable. I think rather than moving the head tube, I may just raise the front when I want to go fast.

IMG_2127.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

peg your right pant leg or wear a pair of shorts, but PLEASE don't ever cover that front sproket 8)

love this build! great work!

Here is my last picture before tearing down to paint. I was planning on black the whole time. I actually bought two cans of black, but I kndof like the red. I bought a whitewall for the back. I thought I would like the look, but it seems unbalanced. So I mocked up two whitewalls and the red and cream paint scheme in the windows paint. Here is what I have planned now.

IMG_2127-1.jpg

im really diggin the red and whitewalls. tear it down and paint it up!!! looks good man

Easy E

ditto on the paint scheme. Looks great! Looking forward to seeing the finished project. :D

Great job! Very creative use of the exercise bike. I think it ought to be in the gallery. :D

mikek said:
Great job! Very creative use of the exercise bike. I think it ought to be in the gallery.

Thanks! I still need to get a 3 or 7 speed internally geared coaster brake hub for it and finish the jockey shifter for it.

I am entering this in the "tour de donut" a 21 mile bike race. I will ride 7 miles and eat doughnuts for a 3 min time credit ea. Then another 7 mile ride and eat more, then finish. The winner last year at the local tour won with a time of -negative 3min:45sec. :shock: I will not even come close to that! I will hopefully amuse people by riding this. I took it for a 5 mile ride last night. It took me just under 20 min. A steady pace of 15+ mph. If I can even beat just a few people on road bikes, I will be laughing histerically. :lol:

bikebuilder said:
Thanks! I still need to get a 3 or 7 speed internally geared coaster brake hub for it and finish the jockey shifter for it.

If I can even beat just a few people on road bikes, I will be laughing histerically. :lol:
Skip the internals, add a derailler and you will probably split a side!

Thanks G Kustom!

I just got the 3 speed hub laced up and the shifter working on Monday. I was really hoping to find a 7 speed hub, but once I got this one on, I realized that it is good enough. I went down a 1/2 mile long hill at probably 35mph and got back up the hill without getting off the bike. Here is a picture with the front raised in its race stance. It handles better at high speeds with the front raised. I rode it to work yesterday. I'll try to post a short video clip sometime of the bike in action. Lots of fun.

IMG_2262.jpg

IMG_2263.jpg

I like the look of the seat, but after 4 miles, it starts to feel like a bare metal seat. I will swap it out and raise the new seat up about an inch when I do the 21 mile race. Then the bare metal goes back.

Love the bike dude. Now that my sleeper is done, you've given me inspiration to do something similiar with my next bike.

Back