Schwinn Corvette

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys..

I'm picking up a used Schwinn Corvette repro tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone would know the headset size? I'm looking to order a springer fork, new headset, and apehangers. The Nirve Springer fork I'm looking at buying is 1 1/8". I'm guessing that'll work, but an affirmation would be awesome if someone already knows. This will be my first rat build so any help would be appreciated.

Based on what I can tell so far, it's 2008. I haven't picked it up yet, but I'm getting it tomorrow morning. I'm paying $80 for it and it's like new condition.. I'm hoping that's a decent price.

So if it's a 1" Steerer then I need to find a springer fork that's 1" as well correct? Sorry, but I'm a little noobish on swapping parts.

I'm finding it impossible so far to find out the steer tube size on the bike from any literature available on the net.. according to the Schwinn website, on the 2011 models, the tube is 1 1/8". I can't find any specific info for the 2008 model.

Back