Schwinn Corvette,trike setup, and others

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC01534.jpg

DSC01530.jpg

The Schwinn came with ape hangers and a different seat on it but I like this better I think. Looks pretty cool and its ratty. Serial number suggests 1959. Got it from a member of this forum, didn't know it till I bought it from him. CL.The other stuff was free from friend. Trike setup sat out in rain and its kinda rusty but I'm diggin the frame it's attached to. Projects. Sweet!

killer finds! I'd kill to find a trike setup like that... it looks so cool as is. I love the faded look.

sorry I didn't respond to that question about paint. :oops: Rustinkerer is right about radiant green paint. This is primer on bike. After getting all the bearing issues sorted out and working properly I'm really happy with it. Since the trike was left out in the elements its all locked up some it'll need to be taken apart and worked over. I'd really like to restore the frame thats attached to it. Looks like a liner from the '60's. Someone welded another "crank housing" on it to relocate the pedal position. Has anyone ever tried to remove this and will I be able to make it "new" again? Not as big of a deal but someone also cut off seatpost tube flush with frame. I think this frame would look really cool fixed back to original setup.

I've got an old AMF frame that has the seat post tighten the same way as a handlebar stem, with a bolt and wedge. That might work for your bike, just cut a seatpost at an angle to fit a wedge and find a bolt long enough. I always have people think it's missing the collar, they wonder what holds it in place.

I had thought about getting someone to weld a new tube back in place but I think the wedge idea is genius!! :D Probably my new solution!! Thanks Wildcat. Everybody on this website is always full of so many great ideas! Really good inspiration for someone new to this.

I've got one of those posts with wedge nuts if you need one. i could measure it up tonight if necessary.

The post i've got with the wedge nut is 13/16" diameter and the length is about 7" before it gets skinny at the seat clamp.

Latest posts

Back