Schwinn Coffee

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone seen the new Schwinn Coffee 3 speed bike? I have seen an ad in Bicycling magazine for it but none of the Schwinn dealers in Denver have one. It has to be special ordered here for some strange reason. Its a skinny tire 3 speed bike like an old suburban. I was wondering if anyone out there has one or at least seen one and what they think about the quality of the bike and if it has the old school feel to it or is it junk like the walmart stuff? Any info would be great. Thanks, John

ive had three Pacific built /Schwinn bikes, an 06 Schwinn SSX, and an 01 & 03 Cruiser 4, theyve done fine by my standards and appearance and feel wise are much better than the walmart/target schwinn south points and jaguars. Theyre still worth the money IMO if your lookin for a new bike, but i also bet you could find a nice used speedster, collegiate or breese 3spd for alot less than the coffee / cream and sid / nancy bikes new prices. Id buy one if I was lookin for new bike though.

college cyclery has them and i think they are very cool. only thing i find strange is the double hand brakes then it still has the coaster as well.

Trying to find a clean old schwinn in Denver is like finding a needle in a haystack. They are going for big bucks and you are never the first to respond to an ad. When I saw the magazine ad for the coffee/cream pair I got excited. I have an Electra Amsterdam and an Electra Coaster which I think I may sell off to get the matching pair of schwinns If I ever get to see them and they are nice. My other option is to buy her an amsterdam but thats twice the price of a Schwinn. If she doesnt ride it then thats a lot of money collecting dust. As it is, I dont ride my amsterdam that much. The thought of a matching pair of bikes is kinda romantic to me and I think it might get her out more.

Latest posts

Back