Schwinn Breeze

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you believe I got this sweet ride for $5.00 :shock: I got it at the bike swap in Marquette Mi. this weekend. It was not in working order. It had the S6 wheels which I don’t have tires for, so I swapped over some other wheels from my wheel collection. It did not have a seat so I put an old cheapy cruiser springer on it that I had lying around. The handle bars were bent, no prob I just grabbed a similar set out of the spare parts box and spun them on. It even has the original grips. It is now in working order with no extra money invested :D

newbikes008.jpg

newbikes009.jpg

newbikes010.jpg

Money well spent...looks good ..I dig that purple :)

blackphantom said:
Can you believe I got this sweet ride for $5.00 :shock: I got it at the bike swap in Marquette Mi. this weekend. It was not in working order. It had the S6 wheels which I don’t have tires for, so I swapped over some other wheels from my wheel collection. It did not have a seat so I put an old cheapy cruiser springer on it that I had lying around. The handle bars were bent, no prob I just grabbed a similar set out of the spare parts box and spun them on. It even has the original grips. It is now in working order with no extra money invested :D

newbikes008.jpg

newbikes009.jpg

newbikes010.jpg

Nice Breeze,
Reminds me of my sisters bike
IMG_2995.jpg

roadmaster said:
its amazing what we can build up with spare parts from our collections, isn't it? nice work with the breeze and that is a really cool color, too.

Yeah, but now im down a set of wheels, seat, bars, and tubes. No prob a quick trip to the local apartment complex dumpster should get me back in order :p

I am leaning towards a single coaster brake configuration for this ride. I really dont like all of the cables and messing with the 3spd S.A. I would be willing to trade the orig. s6 wheel package for a coaster brake set if anyone is interested :?:

blackphantom said:
I am leaning towards a single coaster brake configuration for this ride. I really dont like all of the cables and messing with the 3spd S.A. I would be willing to trade the orig. s6 wheel package for a coaster brake set if anyone is interested :?:

Are they S-5's with the drop centers or S-6's with the flat rim centers? A violet bike should be like a 66-68 Breeze? A super cool color to find for sure.

A coaster setup is cool, and I probably have a hub you can use. (36-hole Bendix Red Band). But if you want it to be more or less original, I also have some decent tires for those rims. I can sell them for 10 for the pair plus shipping. I got a real deal on off brand Schwinn Breeze lookalike tires at the Monson swap meet.

The frame will still have the braze-ons for the cables even if you get rid of them and you'll need a bolt for the front fender bracket without the caliper. Unless you leave it off. It's your bike, do what you want with it... but I have a ton of stuff for Schwinn 26" lightweights right now so maybe we can work out some kind of deal.

I think I have a front fender for one of these as well. They are often overlooked but have in recent years become much more desirable as people seek them out for low-budget city transportation. Really, the only drawback to these bikes is that they are hard to find tires for, and that's just a matter of locating them- they're not particularly expensive when you find some.

Niagara Cycle sells a couple versions too.
--Rob

If you are interested I would be willing to flip this baby to you, I am looking for a decent 26" bendix/wald cruiser wheel set, block pedals, Bars and other cruiser esque parts. I really need a seat post for the 38 colson I just acquired. I think they are basically just steel bar stock. I could also use and old skool b6 style seat, the kind with the double pan. It does not have to be in good condition in the covering department. If interested Make me an offer I cant' refuse and she's all yours.

Later, BP

NLCTVWguy said:
blackphantom said:

Are they S-5's with the drop centers or S-6's with the flat rim centers? A violet bike should be like a 66-68 Breeze? A super cool color to find for sure.

A coaster setup is cool, and I probably have a hub you can use. (36-hole Bendix Red Band). But if you want it to be more or less original, I also have some decent tires for those rims. I can sell them for 10 for the pair plus shipping. I got a real deal on off brand Schwinn Breeze lookalike tires at the Monson swap meet.

The frame will still have the braze-ons for the cables even if you get rid of them and you'll need a bolt for the front fender bracket without the caliper. Unless you leave it off. It's your bike, do what you want with it... but I have a ton of stuff for Schwinn 26" lightweights right now so maybe we can work out some kind of deal.

I think I have a front fender for one of these as well. They are often overlooked but have in recent years become much more desirable as people seek them out for low-budget city transportation. Really, the only drawback to these bikes is that they are hard to find tires for, and that's just a matter of locating them- they're not particularly expensive when you find some.

Niagara Cycle sells a couple versions too.
--Rob

Sorry for not answering the initial question. They in fact are the s6 rims with flat centers, serial number comes back 1968.

Later, BP

Back