Schwinn bikes ( post pics here )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished my '83 Cruiser.

5u8yra4e.jpg

2yqyta8a.jpg

I even custom fabricated a tail light for night rides.

jaze2u4a.jpg

This summer's "new" cruiser, which started off as a 2009ish Schwinn Jaguar before I covered it in black primer and flat black rattle-can enamel:

Chop Shop Customz layback seatpost, STEEL 7/8" x 22.2 stem this time, and "short" D-Cruiser bars. The brake and shift cables look way too long because....

...they are!

I now have two steel stems and two sets of brake levers, which means I can swap to these ginormous 25" bars relatively quickly and easily! All I have to do is disconnect the brake cables at the levers, pull off the right handgrip and shifter, loosen the stem binder bolt and pull out the stem with the bars attached. Then it's simple to drop in the other stem and bars, install the shifter and handgrip, and reconnect the brake cables to the levers. (Maybe it's because I never had a proper BMX bike, but loosening one binder bolt seems easier than removing all four "top plate" bolts, swapping bars and having to adjust the angle each time and installing the same four bolts.)

2006 Schwinn Manta Ray
SchwinnMantaRay5-14-14008_zpsd2156425.jpg

SchwinnMantaRay5-14-14003_zps7b86ea98.jpg

SchwinnMantaRay5-14-140022_zpsf2394366.jpg

Last edited:
Back