schwinn 1/2 inch pedal options....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an old typhoon.....i believe it is a 1966. It is far from original. I am almost finished with it and i need pedals.

WHat do people prefer for 1/2 inch pedals? Id like something that looks nice, is functional and is serviceable.

I like steel pedals, a pair of rat traps would look good and be durable on your 66 Typhoon. My favorite is the bear trap design. I just installed a pair on my bike and they work great. Most come in 1/2 and 9/16ths sizes.

blue.jpg

i had those on my bmx bike growing up. They were great. I might go this route. I was hoping to find something like the MKS Sylvan Touring pedal but in 1/2 inch. Those things look sharp on any old build. I suppose i could just run the stock pedals i have. They have heavy wear but they work. I could run them until i find something that fits the part.

I used to wear them out until they were just a spindle. My tennis shoes would get a hole worn in where the spindle turned.

I looked, all the MKS styles are 9/16ths. I think that's why those bear claws caught my eye, they were the best I could find at a decent price in 1/2.

I like steel pedals, a pair of rat traps would look good and be durable on your 66 Typhoon. My favorite is the bear trap design. I just installed a pair on my bike and they work great. Most come in 1/2 and 9/16ths sizes.

blue.jpg
These are great pedals. I use them on most of my bikes.

Back