"SCHWINIDAN" now RIDEABLE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here it is I finally had a chance to finish it off. I added the chain and a mini rear fender that I flipped upside down. I took it out for a spin and she handles great, hugs the road. It is a good thing I am not that tall, or it would be difficult to ride.

side-2.jpg

frontside.jpg

front.jpg

Beautiful, But i got 1 question, I got whitewalls that i have a heckuva time keeping clean and cleaning. What do u do when the whole tire gets dirty what do u use?

They have that tire bleach for cleaning white walls on cars, that seems to work really well. Other then that I am not sure. I figure if I just ride it real fast people can't see the dirty tires. (haha)

That bike is pure eyecandy!

I've got a bike I'm going to do the Indian red/white tire scheme on this winter. I absolutly love the board tracker look but I'm a big guy and i don't think I could ride one, I think I'll go for a bobber look on mine.

Awesome!! I just have one question. What's the deal with the upsidown handlebars? It seems allot of people are doing that these days, but it looks so uncomfortable. I'm not a big fan of sacrificing comfort for looks I guess. Still, an amazing looking bike!

Brewdude said:
Awesome!! I just have one question. What's the deal with the upsidown handlebars? It seems allot of people are doing that these days, but it looks so uncomfortable. I'm not a big fan of sacrificing comfort for looks I guess. Still, an amazing looking bike!

The upsidedown bars are to give the bike a low slung board tracker look.
http://www.vintagememoriesinc.com/americanDET/14_Ind_board.html

In the case of the bars he used, they are actually made to be mounted that way.
http://www.choppersus.com/store/product/551/Handlebar-Clubman-Style-CP/

Yes that is real cool!!!! :mrgreen:

Only one problem......I had just planned out in my head how I was going to do a Fire Bike! using a 51 Hiawatha and this is it...just with Fire Chief writen on it!

good on you, you did a great job! ...I hope you do not mind if I copy a few things... :mrgreen: :D

FireWalker -

I don't mind if you take some ideas, I find it to be a compliment. But that why this site is here to give us all inspiration and a ideas. I can't wait to see your fire bike.

You can get the white tires at bikeworldusa.com Deb has a few sets left. Kenda the maker of that white tire I used, has stopped production on them.

.... nice bike! been getting ready to start a 49 b6 soon myself. the one thing i have to know is are those forks the ones from bikeworld(1" threadless) sorry built many bikes but everything was with springers and flat blades any info on the tri trees would help greatly!!!

thanks in advance

Back