Schwalbe fat frank tyre help!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys! planning on getting some 26" fat franks and currently have a 26 1 3/8 vintage rim on my bike. i dont think it will fit but not sure if not what rims would i need prefer vintage wheel really. thanks!

Schwinn S-2's will work. Actually, any vintage balloon tire rims will. Probably any 26 inch mountain bike rim will do. Don't forget to give us an introduction if your going to ask questions .

It would be pretty tough putting FatFranks on a 1 3/8 rim like the old Raleighs had. You are going to need some wider rims that are meant for 2 inch (or bigger) tires.

ratina said:
Fat Franks are a different size and won't fit on a 1 3/8 rim. Those only take skinny tires.

What's more is that the diameter of the rim is almost an inch and a quarter larger than what the FF is designed to fit. If you can't stretch it to fit on a rim that's a 1/4" larger, you can't get it to go that big either. OTOH, Schwalbe makes a very nice Delta Cruiser for the 26x1-3/8 size. It's essentially a 650Ax35 tire, comes in creme, brown, black, and whitewall. I have creme ones on a Roadmaster lightweight and whitewalls on my father's copy of the same bike.

Back