Scenic Highway 225 Finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple of bikes that I recently picked up. There are a lot of chemical plants in the area that I live and grew up in. It is just southeast of Houston. The thing is, due to a lot of legalities I think many of these plant bikes, when done with, end up as scrap somewhere. The greyish black one is a Schwinn HD and the yellow one is a Worksman girls bike which is by far the heaviest duty girls bike I've seen. It is by no means light. I told my daughter that I would build her and her boyfriend a couple of Seawall cruisers.

The Schwinn
DSCF3423.jpg

DSCF3586.jpg

DSCF3589.jpg

The Worksman
DSCF3426.jpg

DSCF3593.jpg

DSCF3599.jpg

DSCF3612.jpg

DSCF3613.jpg

great finds! but only the people who live in this area,will get the scenic hwy 225 reference! :lol: :lol: i worked up and down refinery row,for 13 yrs. back when every pickup sported a gilley`s bumper sticker,luv ya blue sticker, and a bed full of crushed beer cans! :shock: wow, i just realized i`m old. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

texasbigjon said:
great finds! but only the people who live in this area,will get the scenic hwy 225 reference! :lol: :lol: i worked up and down refinery row,for 13 yrs. back when every pickup sported a gilley`s bumper sticker,luv ya blue sticker, and a bed full of crushed beer cans! :shock: wow, i just realized i`m old. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I was a teenager in Houston during the luv ya blue days. Good times, good times.....

Yeah, the scenic 225 reference is something we kind of joke about. The Highway 225 area is the industrial area along the ship channel outside of Houston. It's not as bad as it sounds. I've lived in this area for about 40 years. We are about 30 miles from Galveston and we go ride the Seawall a lot. This is probably the most cruiser friendly spot I've seen. As a matter of fact we were there yesterday, 77 degrees at the beach in January. Every plant along around here has hundreds of these type bikes in them as well as some regular duty Schwinns. By the time they get rid of them they are usually destroyed.

Latest posts

Back