SB-II , Calling It DONE..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am always on board with and GSC build!!!!! Great parts so far.

I totally love that frame and those forks! Good luck with your build, I'll be watching for sure.

Thinking bare metal with a twist , with red scallops, just gotta find a piece of scrap to play with.

Here is a closeup of the rims I am using, best part is the we're free bees left over from a swap meet , scored these a couple years ago.
6a39b7dc118ef4b3e167a11d8fb9ed43.jpg

Hopefully start playing with the frame sometime this weekend, getting custom stainless spokes cut , so my wheels are on hold till they get done.

I don't know what the crank and sprocket came off but it was way too funky as far as the thread size and the bearings didn't sit on the race right, so I spent most of the morning piecing together bearings and races , ended up using my crank I had already, now to take the straps off these and clean them up.
7ae1727b9cb834139c3a25fdf346b7b8.jpg
ef5fb5945e40976e45620d0955256e1a.jpg
6e8414d0a1d4929309a1fc51839c8ff6.jpg

That tank and chainring are great!
Putting a wheel in those forks is a little tricky and you may end up needing some nylon spacer nuts. I'll try to find the link to how I pieced it together for Flexy.

Not sold on the bars yet, even though they are Torrington s just to much of a wrap around for what I am looking for.

Played around a bit with some potential bars, the red ones are calling me, only problem is the Torrington stem will not work with them, and then to keep the bar clamps somehow , maybe a double clamp mt bike stem base, we'll when I get to play in some daylight I will see what I can do.
d115f300c35811544a807c6ba4eb748c.jpg

I like the red bars too but I wonder what a MTB stem would look like on the build.

I will play with different bars this weekend and see what makes me happy.

Back