Sarge

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, yet another military themed bike. I started out with this Greenline:

K1AM%20P-Army%20Green.jpg

First thing I needed was a rear rack so I could pack my small cooler around, filled with beverages. I had some scrap metal stock laying arond my garage and went to bending and tacking:
rearrack.jpg

Then I had enough scrap metal left over and built this to hold my open beverages. I don't want this mounted to the handlebars, so I'm considering welding it right to the rear rack.
cupholder.jpg

The bike isn't even a week old and I already need new grips for it, so I'm going tan leather, and I'll need a tan saddle as well. (anyone wanna buy this new black seat it came with?)

Finally I want to find some nice ivory military decals for this bike. Anyone have any links where I can buy a decal kit?

Last it came with a fairly noisey Histop rear hub. I think a simple 3-speed and suicide shifter will be in it's future...
Thanks for looking, and hope to see some suggestions, thoughts, criticism, etc.

-Fiver

Looking good! Nice be.e..r...I mean cup holder! :lol: I don't know where to buy decals, but I'm sure you could get a really good result by making stencils and paint the letters and graphics on the bike. I say a guy in a magazine, painting scallops on a hod rod with One Shot and a tiny little paint roller. Masking off the design with tape and then just paint it by hand with great result! :D

Use those interrupted line stencils the army is (was?) so fond of. If you have friends or family in industrial or warehouse work, they may have access to a cutter, or if not, stationary or office supply stores usually sell alphabet/numeral sheets.

Latest posts

Back