San Diego Newb

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I'm Tim, I'm 25 just moved to the North County in San Diego and you know I gotta build a bike if I live here! I'm a gear head, I used to build 5.0 Mustangs and 70's CB750's but I am poor due to my choice to move from Michigan to SoCal after graduation. Gotta pay the sunshine tax! Shoot for IN-N-OUT alone it was worth it!

I'm still broke just on the hunt, figured an older bike in need of some love would work for me. A very mild build, I've got tons to learn still so I'll relax and go slow. I'm big on "the look" and having that perfect stance so I will be all OCD about this build I'm sure.

I didnt know if there was a place to post cool finds on CL but this one came up tonight and its outta my range but seems like a sweet bike. No clue on its value but it seems like its worth looking at if you have the cash.

I'm sure you'll see me lurking and asking here and there. Suggestions on bikes to look for and certain things to avoid would be appreciated.

here is the link to the CL bike. Claims its a 50's tank bike.
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/bik/852721976.html

Cheers,

Tim

Welcome, I used to live in Oceanside...86-88 just a few years ago but there used to be a burger place I really doubt its still there in Vista called 25 cent Burger...talk about scraping pennies being a beach bum at the time.All I did was skateboard by the pier collect my unemployment checks and get tickets for not moving my car in time....I used to hate street sweepers.

welcome !!! the early CB750s are my alltime favorite m/c's too btw !!! never owned a rustang tho :p :lol: j/k im just jealous i couldnt outrun em in high school is all :x anyway, enjoy your new addiction !!!

thanks for the welcome guys. San Diego CL is schweet and I have a great sales job that has me all over OC and SD and a company truck with a company laptop and cingular internet card so I have the total upper hand on CL scores for sure! Watch out, once I get cash you wont be able to get to em before I have it in my truck! bwahahahahah

here is what I left behind to get here.. the bike is being sold... cheap... its a real ball breaker but I gotta.
cb750.jpg

The stang is gettin shipped out once I have the cash.
mustang013.jpg

Breaks my heart to not have it here...
mustang011.jpg

you can try ebay there is a guy with alot of cool bikes and he lives in san diego. mostly old beach cruisers i just got a roll fast and a huffman frame good bikes at a good price. buy a frame and start out that way. i did. and that guy's ebay store has a lot of rat bike parts check it out at THE EYE FOR THE UNUSUAL

Back