Sacrilege?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about my build for the Wards Hawthorne Duralium frame. Would it be totally wrong to do some painting on such a frame?
ngd7ib.jpg

5n2p0x.jpg

isutriguy said:
Thinking about my build for the Wards Hawthorne Duralium frame. Would it be totally wrong to do some painting on such a frame?

Nothing is sacrilege here. :wink:

Maybe a good hard rap to the knuckles but i wouldnt call it "sacrilege". complete bike :| maybe a little more stern punishment but just a frame .... go for it.

isutriguy said:

Answer: No.

Just don't chew it up with really harsh paper.

Those frames were really thick and heavy. I don't think you can hurt it.

Knock yourself out, just make sure it's tasteful.

Hey I almost bid on that frame on Ebay :shock: so you're the person who won it :D

If it was me I say Periwinkle with a mauve and fuchsia accents :lol: :lol:

B607 said:
Aluminum...hmmm? Maybe you could get it anodized. Gary
genius! but im imagining it costing a small fortune with a bike that big and heavy. and old. you could try candy paints. they might give the same effects.

Since you posted a picture of it, I would say leave it alone.

You can always take paint back off, but It's stunning as it is.

Black is the new black.

That frame looks great just sitting there. Show it off and keep it raw.

Lonewolf said:
Black is the new black.

flat black is the new pink, that was the new black, after black was the new black, but before that there was flat black.

Men's bikes are flat, gloss, and semi-gloss black, tractor or military green or brown, or various fire engine or darker shades of red. Ladies bikes are all those, plus pink, lavender, bright green, chartreuse, Robin's egg, violet, autumn sunset yellow, or whatever. :mrgreen:

Plating or polish is one-size-fits all. 8)

Back