S2C and Electra Questions

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of getting an Electra Coaster or Cruiser. I have not seen any references to how much weight savings there is for the Coaster over the Cruiser.

Also, has anyone used the Strumey Archer S2C kickback hub? I am really interested in lacing one into a cruiser. As I understand, there is a 100% drive that allows kickback to a 135% drive.

The electra coaster, aluminum frame with a 3 speed, weights about 28lbs stock. I would assume that the single speed is 1-2lbs less.

The Electra Aluminium Weld is better and better looking than the Steel Weld.

The Aluminium frame will last longer.

The Aluminium frame has the Nexus 3 spd.

Cheers.

The S2C is a fun hub. I have only ridden one but plan on getting one some day. The kickback to shift is very close/tight and clean shifting.

I've got a coaster 3, which I find a great bike. I've fitted a layback seatpost to give me a little extra leg room, but other than an eight speed nexus, a set of Fat Franks and an Electra XL seat, it's stock. (Hang on this is a custom bike website isn't it? :D )

I'm really interested in the S2C myself,and if you do end up buying one I'd like to hear your thoughts. It is based on the Fitchel and Sachs Duomatic. The F&S hubs are really well engineered. But I haven't tried the S&A hub so can't comment on how solid these hubs are.

Let us know if you go ahead with either of your purchases.

Cheers J

Back