Rusto-Resto

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys.Not to much more.I have to grease everything.My master link is in my buddy's tool box, I have some not so average pedals coming,and there is some little hardware that needs to be replaced.

I have been thinking about adding some of the off white to the front chainring to draw more attention to the skiptooth (no one has ever seen one around here).My wife doesn't think I should (never likes my ideas until I do them,then she's all about it).

Undecided.Would love to hear any thoughts on it.

Thanks for the great comments guys. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ExtraBlaze said:
Hey guys.I got this Hawthorne for $30.It was just supposed to be the frame but the guy couldn't get it apart.THe Higgins is slowing down and I'm bored so I thought I'd mess with it.It seems to be all original so I'll probably do it up (someday) but I don't have enough room for stuff to just sit around.Big props For all the help in bike talk.Thanks guys.
get_crunk_004.jpg

this picture is just amazing!

rust can be so beautiful.

ExtraBlaze said:
I have been thinking about adding some of the off white to the front chainring to draw more attention to the skiptooth (no one has ever seen one around here).:

I studied your photo for a bit and I see where you might be headed with this idea. The problem as I see it is: If you hate it, will it be near impossible to remove with out removing the nice patina? Maybe you could find some white pin stripe sticker at Pep Boys or something and try it first.

EB this bike is great. I like everything you did. i think the chain ring looks good rusty.

Thanks guys,I really like the way it came out.

Thatismytruck:That's the problem.That's why I haven't touched it yet.Great idea trying something less permanent instead of staring at it to no end. I have some white platform pedals coming,I think I'm going to wait and see if they grab enough eye.

The contrast between a white chainring and the chain guard might create a winged wheel effect, which would be cool with a sick hood ornament on the fender.The chain itself is rusty to.

Towards the end is the most nerve racking for me.This one isn't that bad because I want to keep it simple.Step one is get it together I guess. :D

Thanks for the comments, and I really appreciate the feed back. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Those wheels look right at home at that bike and the off white bits accent everything great. I agree that some white might look good on the front chain ring but not too much. Maybe just a thin stripe around it would set it off. I think cream tires would be a great touch also. Anyway you go it is a great bike.

Thanks for the comments guys!It finnaly stopped raining here so I am anxious to ride it.Hopefully it will be buttoned up tommorrow,and I can throw up some better pics.

Latest posts

Back