Rust Revival (Found Frame today)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m in with this idea, which is going to be my most detailed and time consuming build yet. Rust to Riche$ or Shiny side up is going to be a cruiser that is completely trashed on one side and completely mint on the other. I’m talking about a rusty crusty frame on one side and a beautiful finish on the other, rusty spokes on one side of the wheel, shiny nice ones on the other side, a scraped up crank with a broken pedal on one side a beautiful polished crank with a brand new pedal on the other side you get the idea……………Looks like I have my work cut out for me. Stay tuned.

rusttoriches.jpg

Re: Rust to Riches or Shiny side up?

Is it gonna be rideable :?:

an interesting idea, i like it! at first i thought it would be like building half a bike, but when i thought harder, it will be like building 2 bikes. :wink:

That is gonna be SWEET :p :p

Rust to Riches or Shiny side up?

herr_rudolf said:
Cool idea!
Sounds like Batmans' Two-Face (Harvey Dent)

Good luck and have fun.

+1

I'll be following this for sure. I was thinking of doing the exact same thing. And calling the bike Harvey Dent/Two Face. The fact i'm so busy with kids and work put me off.

Good luck with the build and especially the masking.
cheers Jonnie

druggedonions said:
herr_rudolf said:
Cool idea!
Sounds like Batmans' Two-Face (Harvey Dent)

Good luck and have fun.

+1

I'll be following this for sure. I was thinking of doing the exact same thing. And calling the bike Harvey Dent/Two Face. The fact i'm so busy with kids and work put me off.

Good luck with the build and especially the masking.
cheers Jonnie

Only... if it wasn't for Bighit who's already building a 'Two Face'... Namewise. At least, I think...
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=39917

But Harvey Dent is a cool enough name if you'll decide to go that way. :wink:
I still think the different finish on each side of the bike is a great idea. 8)

:? Why am i craving a hamburger ? :lol:

You stole my idea. Its been in my head for a while now but I never mentioned to to the rat rod bikes crowd! Oh well I guess its rightfully yours now. And another build off bike I will be riding at strikes and bikes II in the Fall!!! :wink:

Today was a good day! I found my frame for the build off. Here we have a Murray Solar Flite. This frame was pretty much just what I was looking for, Now its time to start thinking....................................................................................................................................... :?:

ratrod11.jpg

ratrod003.jpg

ratrod002.jpg

I very much dig what you're doing...
I was wondering if you could help me though, I have an old buddy who has a frame just like yours. He's wondering what a fair price for it is?
Since you just bought oneI thought you might be able to help.?! :idea:
I made a post and would appreciate your time with what you think... viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40142
Again looking forward to what you'll do with the Rust Revival. :D

did anyone snag that 69 sears rail? kool bike LOL! :mrgreen:

OR THAT HUFFY WHEEL BIKE WITH THE STEERING COLUMB STILL INRACT?????!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :wink: :mrgreen: :idea:

Back