Rust is the new Flat Black LOW RIDER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this up and it starting rusting and I was really mad, until I found this site. lol
Now I'm trying to make it rust more. I will post update photos of the rust. Once I get it to a good old rust I will clear coat it to stop the rust. lol
Should be a fun project.

"RUST IS THE NEW FLAT BLACK"

leave it in the rain

or spray it with vingar

000_3326.jpg

at the moment im doing a girl one to partner this one

Thanks guys, I have been thinking what I could do with the frame. Thanks for the info.

the front,back and chain guard,handle bars,bell on my bikenall took 30 years to rust up you cant get much better than that............LOL

Chrome in my opinion should remain shinny... :p They have a black chrome that looks incredible.. :idea: I guess then I spend to much time polishing the chrome on my Harley's and laying out the cash to have my parts Re-chromed for Nothing then..

So in conclusion it is OK to leave my bicycles out in the Rain to Rust :? But in time I guess I will enjoy it...Oh wait I still don't enjoy DISCO :lol:

But if that Floats your boat and you enjoy it... Who am I to Disagree !

SkidMark said:
The quest for shiny things is just societal brainwashing :mrgreen:

You might be right :wink: It takes a lot of effort to keep chrome shinney....Slack on it and Bingo you have Rust...
So do you want to buy some of my rusty old bike parts ? Or better yet you can have them ....JUST PAY SHIPPING AND HANDLELING... :wink:

Maybe it's the water and mild abrasives you are introducing via excessive polishing. or maybe it's because modern Harley aftermarket stuff is made in China and Taiwan, and their chrome is not nearly as nice as ours was. Stuff chromed in Mexico is nicer. And not to get all eco-concious but chroming is a very toxic procedure, which is why it's so expensive.

I've never understood chrome plated aluminum, my looptail "P.K.Ripper" was plenty shiny.

My buddy works at a plating company.. It's nice to not have to pay :lol: And you are right it is verry Toxic..I prefer Nichol plate or Black chrome..and powder coating.
As for that cheap after market foreign knock off glitter not on my bikes..I look for AMERICAN MADE it's out there .

Back