"Run Whutcha Brung" - Halloween ride nearly done.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First mock-up so far. As the subject says, this is my first build in over 10 years (15 actually) --- I'm having a blast already. Been lurking and
learning from the posts here. Halloween is coming up and since I am a fan of ghoulish hot rods, and classic bobber bikes, here it comes.
Trying not to spend much, if any at all (sure, right), but if I can find a cheap springer, I may have to go for it. It's what I had laying around
other than MTB and Road bikes ... hence the name.
The list:
- Yard-Sale Cranbrook I've had in the shed for 2 years. Ugliest welds I've ever seen - gross!
- Bobbed rear fender, no front
- Painting the wheels, spokes, and frame (Flat Black, Green, etc)
- Using parts from my bins (BMX stem, low rise bars, green glitter grips, light, etc.)
- White-wall in back, Black-wall out front
- Luck 7 post ($1.26 on eBay), custom coffin seat using hardware from the original seat

A little photoshop paint on the seat pan for kicks. Duct tape moc, with a file
folder cut to shape. Wooden or steel pan on it's way once the rain stops.
moc_up-01.jpg

This is my 2nd post to the forum, and I want say thanks to everyone here for
having such a RAD place to hang! Hope to be around for awhile.

Re: "Run Whutcha Brung" - First build in too long a time

Seat is 90% complete. Some black paint on the hardware and the vinyl still needs to be sewn.
Crappy cell phone pics ... enjoy.
seat_pan1.jpg

seat_pan2.jpg

Decided to add a sugar skull stencil under the seat while the other black paint is drying.
seat_pan3.jpg

Re: "Run Whutcha Brung" - First build in too long a time

Had a springer given to me that ended up being too short .. oh well. Bars were part of that donation too. I think they work better
with the stock fork. My bent post didn't work as planned, but it doesn't matter, cause it's all fun anyway.
Seat cover, chain guard, chain, & fender straps left to go. She will ride on Sunday ... Happy Halloween!!
tumblr_lb2i8nkwXd1qzlenao1_r1_1280.jpg

As far as a cheap springer goes....have you seen this: http://bikerodnkustom3.homestead.com/brainfork.html I think it says he spent about 70 or 80 bucks on materials. If you can weld or know someone that can, this could be an option for you. The cool part is that you can make it as long or as short as you need to fit the look of your bike.

Back