RUFF CYCLES NEW "LUCKY" CRUISER FRAME

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Pero from Ruff Cycles emailed me today with a couple of pics of their latest creation, a cruiser frame called "Lucky." They're planning to make these available by December 18th.

Here are the specs....
  • Can Run 26" - 28" Wheels
  • Interchangeable Dropouts
  • BSA Bottom Bracket
  • 1 1/8" Headtube
  • Seat Tube 25.4mm
  • Disc Brake Mounts (Optional)
  • Width Between Rear Chain Stays: 120mm
  • Mild Steel
  • Color: Primed Gray
  • Estimated Price: $345 or 250€
>> http://www.ruff-cycles.com/?r=rrb
>> http://www.facebook.com/RuffCycles

1471776_690353720998384_583797448_n.jpg

Here's a mock up with 28" wheels...

Foto 2.jpeg

I just gotta say... and not too single out this "Ruff" thing... but I just gotta say that the trend of building "cruisers" with BSC BB shells doesn't sit well with me. I mean, c'mon--- you're making some sort of cruiser, without a OPC option? Senseless.

Then again, there are other reasons while I'd never buy the bikes equipped like that, so maybe their target market doesn't share my love for the one-piece crank... But I just figured I'd put it out there, in case any designers read these boards.

I would think that they could easily build a version with an American BB.

All of their other frames that they sell come with an American BB.

They may be trying to dip into other market segments by offering that style of BB and the interchangeable drop outs.

BTW...I think Pero mentioned that they were planning to build chromo versions of all of their frames eventually.

Not sure what that would do to the pricing, but I'm sure it would go up.

Can't seem to navigate Ruff site to get the low down on the "Lucky" such as cost and spec's
everything I saw was out of stock and "Lucky" wasn't even featured

Yep, looks like and smells like they are going after the MTB/Fat Bike market, the fact that they are non-pedal forward and will offer cro-mo makes perfect sense.....

Can't seem to navigate Ruff site to get the low down on the "Lucky" such as cost and spec's
everything I saw was out of stock and "Lucky" wasn't even featured

RRB gets the inside scoop since they are a site supporter. :rockout:

Pero is letting us in on this upcoming frame early. All of that info should be up on their site by Dec. 18th.

$345 for a frame? I can get a perfectly good prewar frame for $100. To each his own I guess. Gary

I have Ruff Porucho and the reason I bought it was because it reminded me of a low rider/stretched out worksman frame/board tracker with serious attitude. This bike is just too main stream (no attitude like their other frames) looking for me and maybe they are trying to break into that market now. It looks like a worksman to me with a tad more flair, so might as well buy one of those instead. Me no like.

That's the cool thing about a company offering a variety of products, everyone has their own taste and can find something they like.

I think this bike would probably look quite a bit different than a Worksman if you saw both together in person.

I would have that, I like big chunky bikes, fit an 8 speed or electric hub and it would be perfect for the U.K pot holed roads!

Back