RRBBO7 HYPE UP THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chips_Mahoy said:
Chips_Mahoy said:
kingfish254 said:
You need to set him up with an avatar and such.

I've signed him up for the forums. Just waiting on the approval. He's got a design plan and a name for it ready to go!!

We haven't received any kind of approval for him so he can log on. If he doesnt get approved for the forums but the request was sent in prior to the BO start, will he still be able to participate in it?

There is no rule that you have to start your build or build thread on May 1. I didn't start my build last year until July 1st. There was one bike that posted nothing but the completed bike just a few days before the deadline and I think that was the guys first post on the site. Your son should be fine.

Here's my build off bike maybe maybe not ? :D 8 feet of ship tooth chain & it turns on a dime .. :mrgreen:

DSC00461.jpg

DSC00464.jpg

DSC00465.jpg

DSC00468.jpg

I hope it is. That thing is cool!

Gold Street Customs said:
Critter1 said:
Got my frame today by way of Illinois to California.. Started organizing parts. It'll be a put together, nothing custom. Buuuuut it is a desirable frame, and It'll be a cool color.. We'll see if anyone else uses the same frame! Cant wait.. Has RatRod posted this years rules/special interests yet???
I seen that frame when you bought it :mrgreen: Whats cool chances are I may get to see it in person at maybe Cyclefest this year :?:
oh I'll be there! ...as long a its a complete bike by then!

kingfish254 said:
There was one bike that posted nothing but the completed bike just a few days before the deadline and I think that was the guys first post on the site. Your son should be fine.

Just for the record, cool bike or not, cool guy or not, I don't appreciate this. I don't just vote on a finished product, I vote on the journey, and in the build off I feel like we're all on this journey together, some of us take the whole time, some take less, but I don't wanna meet anyone waiting at the finish line who doesn't look sweaty and tired like the rest of us.

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:
There was one bike that posted nothing but the completed bike just a few days before the deadline and I think that was the guys first post on the site. Your son should be fine.

Just for the record, cool bike or not, cool guy or not, I don't appreciate this. I don't just vote on a finished product, I vote on the journey, and in the build off I feel like we're all on this journey together, some of us take the whole time, some take less, but I don't wanna meet anyone waiting at the finish line who doesn't look sweaty and tired like the rest of us.
Nobody wants to see this at the end of the finish line :lol: :lol: :lol:
037.jpg

yoothgeye said:
HOLY CRAP! 235lbs OF PURE MUSCLE!!!!
:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just pee'd a little :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: (sarcasm :wink: )

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:

Yea, that one got my blood boiling! He posted in the finished bike section, and got 12 votes!

(Possible memory fade, this may have happened in RRBO5. That means it's becoming a habit!)

JoKeR63 said:
Yea, that one got my blood boiling! He posted in the finished bike section, and got 12 votes!

(Possible memory fade, this may have happened in RRBO5. That means it's becoming a habit!)

Glad to know I wasn't the only one that feels this way. It's called a build-off, not a bike show.

Gold Street Customs said:
yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:

Nobody wants to see this at the end of the finish line :lol: :lol: :lol:
037.jpg

The face of a "Bike Bum" :mrgreen:

Since I am new this year will be my first watching AND participating 8) got an early 50s j c Higgins ballooner.I am just in Cuz I love building :mrgreen: I have looked at the old build offs and I wont be any competition you guys are amazing :shock: but it will be a blast to be a part of :mrgreen:

Peatbog said:
Personally, I don't even see the need for voting. What does it matter? When the bikes are done, we can just all look at them and say, "Wow, that's cool."

You have to be careful about this type of thing. Voting can ruin things if not kept under control. It reminds me of the local Easter Egg hunt I take my kids to. The people running it only have very small prizes such as dimes and quarters and small candies in the eggs. When they had larger prizes, some people got a bit wacky helping their kids collect eggs and looking in the eggs and putting them back if the prize paper wasn't in the egg they found, and others got a bit uptight if their kid didn't win the big prize. And generally speaking, these people kinda ruined it for everyone else, so the normal people tended to quit coming to the Easter Egg hunt while the wacky people tended to take over. It got bad. So the people running the Easter Egg hunt said, "Enough!" and out went the big prizes and back came the fun.

Focus on the fun is what I am saying. The voting is meaningless.

Please let me just ruin it for everybody.

The only reason I even want to win is simply for the bragging rights. I could care less about prizes. Just to know I built a cool bike that people will talk about for years to come is enough to motivate me to push the limits of what I can do, pull out all the stops, and build a bike that will turn heads.

Back