Ross EuroRat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not really a build....more like "look what I built"!

The frame and forks were given to me with the stem and bars. Cut the bars off and flipped them in the stem. Had the front Mavic wheel on another bike....My $1 yard sale fnd. Then I started raiding the parts pile....3 speed chainring on a 1-piece crank, cool pedals, decent chain, seatpost and seat, rear brake unit and cable. Visited my favorite LBS and asked if he had any used wheels.....he gave me the rear with a bad hub. I broke it down and relaced with a hub I has in the pile. Mounted my $8 26x1.25 slicks with my $5 tubes. I broke down and bought a set of brake levers for $18 ($9 a piece). The owner of the LBS had the cassette gear laying on his workbench, a nice flair, I think!

Grand total of...............$35 for a really nice riding skinny boardtrack-ish racer/cruiser.

DSCN1542.JPG

DSCN1546.JPG

DSCN1547.JPG

DSCN1554.JPG

Still have to wrap the bars with black bar tape.

If I hadn't fudged and shown Yoothgeye this build in person, I would have torn it apart and rebuilt it for the Build-Off. But I'm an honest guy, so.........

There's a link in my signature....or you can look for ***Brightliner*** in the Buildoff thread!

Thanks for your comment!

Back