Ross bike looks like an apollo but not

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out the rake on the front end! (The original in the ad)
I'll bet someone tried to take out the rake by cutting out a piece and welding it back. But they took too much out.
The forks themselves don't look bent, but taking them off for a close look will determine that.
I would measure to see how far back the bottom of the head tube was bent.
index.php

But, the top tube was bent downward right where it meets the headtube. Dang! I just noticed that. Much more work to get everything right. It will take some careful engineering to put it back like original.
It's a tossup, maybe the frame won't have enough integrity after redoing it.
Top tubes get wonky at the stays behind seat also.. big job to take on to restore... Neat find though

Since it was only made one year -- parts would have to be a nightmare
Not really. The frame is just different from the Apollo or Barracuda, but it shares a lot of the same parts, and you have the difficult stuff.

I'm going to probably regret saying this but... I may be interested in taking a crack at it if you aren't. But... it literally scares me. If I couldn't get the frame correct, then it would just be some parts. But if I could... wouldn't that be a restoration accomplishment!

Oh man, I can't believe I even considered that. :blackeye:

Banshee! Well there it is. I don't follow Ross bikes at all. The Baracuda Beast is great, the rest, meh for me. Nice catch CRASH!
I had a Ross BMX and early MT bike when I was a kid, so they have a place in my heart. But all I did was know who to ask. Terry is the real Ross expert.

And Rob, when you see the 'King Cuda', you'll change your tune. lol (hopefully)

Back