Rolllfast Tanker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What year is this one. It has what I think is a PreWar headbadge, BallBearing style.
But it doesnt have the rear facing drop outs ????????//
rollfast1.jpg

rollfast2-1.jpg

rollfast4.jpg

rollfast3.jpg

rollfast5.jpg

rollfast6.jpg

They used that badge and H chainring up to around '49 if I remember right. It may have a code stamped on the BB, apart from the serial. Something like '94 EH' which would be a '49, year in reverse. There's no serial # info for these Snyder built bikes, but there were som 1940 and 41 Hawthornes ID'd by Phil, which had 04 and 14 in those codes. Later models into the mid 50s seem to follow this pattern, though there's no concrete proof yet. -Adam

Thanks
Id say im safe to call it a 40s Rollfast in general??

Rustinkerer said:
They used that badge and H chainring up to around '49 if I remember right. It may have a code stamped on the BB, apart from the serial. Something like '94 EH' which would be a '49, year in reverse. There's no serial # info for these Snyder built bikes, but there were som 1940 and 41 Hawthornes ID'd by Phil, which had 04 and 14 in those codes. Later models into the mid 50s seem to follow this pattern, though there's no concrete proof yet. -Adam

Back