Rollfast w/Springer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I had known this guy had a bike in his cellar for several months, he is the type that if sometning is worth $200. he wants $400., I was encouraged to come look at it at least, I asked over the phone what he wanted for it, and his reply was "I paid $20.00 for it a few years ago, it has to be worth $50.00 now", so I went to check it out, and needless to say my eyes Bugged out of my head when I seen it, and to think I almost passed on it without even looking. I should know by now that every lead HAS to be followed, even knowing this guys reputation, I should have looked at it months ago. I am lucky it was not snatched up by somebody else. Anybody know the vintage of these Rollfasts, ANYBODY have a tank for this, Rick

Rollfast001.jpg

Rollfast002.jpg

Rollfast003.jpg

Rollfast004.jpg

Rollfast005.jpg

Rollfast006.jpg

I dunno whats up with the photos but I got nuttin...

And I am excited to see your latest $50 find!

I don't know about the Vintage though i would think 30's or 40's but i can tell you the chain ring and the pedals are not original. They look like they came from an English bike. The crank could be original, but hard to tell unless you pull it. I will tell you that the pedals are probably worth $100 or more. Clean them up and do a little research. I bet they are late 1800's up to early teens. I can't figure out the word on the chainring but that might give you a starting ppoint for your research.

Joe

OK, did a little more research and found a few things out. Headbadge is 50's, goose neck is most likely 30's, chainguard is 50's, rear rack and light indicate a deluxe model 40's - 50's, kickstand is 30's 40's, so I think what you got here is a certified Rollfast custom. If I was you, and I am not, but if I was i could clean it up a tiny bit, oil and grease all the right parts, true the wheels and ride the pee pee out of it because it looks cool just the way it is.

my.02 Joe

You should have offered him $40! Heh heh! That thing is awesome, you stole it! :D

sensor said:
great score(although youll probably pay more for the rest of the springer than you paid for the bike :shock: )! does the siren work?
I keep looking around at others and cannot fiqure out what I am missing on the springer, Are you talking about just the truss rods?

Thank you Nateboy, that helps, those are cool looking truss rods, Are there any specifics to worry about when making your own truss rods ??, does it make a difference if they are a little longer/shorter than original to work correctly, Rick

I've never made any truss rods. The ones on my Hawthorne are original. REALLY dig your bike by the way. I drooled over it the first time I saw the posting. As the saying goes, if you ever want to sell it...I'd even double your investment! :wink:

Back