Rollfast "Key Lime Pie"-Done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Boredom has stricken!

Im off school for the summer...with no job, which means i can work on bikes alot. I decided i wanted to paint some frames, So i bought some cool looking paint. Its Rustoleum "key Lime".
Im using the frame from the bike i bought last weekend or so.

So anywho....here we are
20090610190219.jpg

this is the bike from when i got it
IMG_3797.jpg

Im not using these wheels, but im holding on to them, since they are in good shape.
IMG_3796.jpg

IMG_3795.jpg

IMG_3794.jpg

IMG_3793.jpg

i used some laquer thinner to get the paint off the decals, and rub off the chainguard

Im using the wheels off a bike i bought today for $5

Re: Rollfast "Key Lime Pie"

Hey great project......I own a Rollfast aswell.........They are great bikes......Built soild.........Keep us informed with the progress you have made......Good luck.....laters...

done painting the frame now

Im NOT using the wheels from the $5 bike, i didnt notice how rusty the wheels are on one side.

Noticed this on the frame, what happend?
IMG_3799.jpg

heres some other stuff
IMG_3800.jpg

IMG_3801.jpg

IMG_3802.jpg

this is very mishapen why?

:? It looks like some yahoo took a breaker bar and sledge hammer to that poor thing. What they're making now would probably have been destroyed.

i bet somebody removed rust with an angle grinder/sanding disk before they painted it black.
is the inside of the tube warped also?

The dropout:
I was thinking air rachet/impact driver meets lockwasher. :roll: when I was a kid many bikes were worked on by the older kids who also worked as gaspump jockeys. They loved anything that was propelled by air! :shock: Inner tubes blowing up like atom bombs was an every day ritual.

I like the color you chose! You gonna paint the rims?

Cool color.

Chainsaw said:
The dropout:
They loved anything that was propelled by air! :shock: Inner tubes blowing up like atom bombs was an every day ritual.

I love anything propelled by air right behind hydralics.

deorman said:
:? It looks like some yahoo took a breaker bar and sledge hammer to that poor thing. What they're making now would probably have been destroyed.
It seems straight, everything in the headtube came off easy

icyuod2 said:
i bet somebody removed rust with an angle grinder/sanding disk before they painted it black.
is the inside of the tube warped also?
Alot of the paint was still there, i could imagine lots of the paint would come off, along with the actual metal

Ill take a look tomorrow morning
Chainsaw said:
The dropout:
I was thinking air rachet/impact driver meets lockwasher. :roll: when I was a kid many bikes were worked on by the older kids who also worked as gaspump jockeys. They loved anything that was propelled by air! :shock: Inner tubes blowing up like atom bombs was an every day ritual.

I like the color you chose! You gonna paint the rims?
I got that kind of effect of the grinding in when there wasnt a lock nut on one of my wheels.

Thanks for the compliments on the color guys, dad hated it...lol

I dont know if im going to paint a set of wheels, but i do have a nice chrome set somewhere

Looks exactly like the bike I have and I am working on now. I was looking at your frame and noticed the Heat tube area.
I want to say that Rollfast must have had a bad year with over production. My chain guard has RED paint underneath over a very nice black repaint with pinstripes and the newer style decals that say Rollfast. Interesting!

I LOVE Rollfast frames and bikes. They were made in New York State as well as Bendix Hubs and this is one of the reasons I like em. Plus EVERYONE it seems wants a Schwinn.

Nice Work!

Waiting for it to dry, this is what i saw yesterday night when i walked in the house from cleaning the yard

that color looks great
IMG_3803.jpg

(Nevermind the yellow frame behind it...no plans for that yet)

finally, Progress picture
Allmost ready to sell

i think im using either a white seat or a black seat...not sure right now...have to see what the position is for grips too. Im not selling it with the pedals on it now, since those were a gift from my dad...i MIGHT put a guard on it, im not exactly sure.
i think it looks great so far
IMG_4008.jpg

IMG_4009.jpg

IMG_4010.jpg

Awesome idea painting the mag that way... love the color, looks sweet!

Unchained said:
Awesome idea painting the mag that way... love the color, looks sweet!
I dont want to take the credit for myself, because i THINK i got it from someone else on here...this is the second bike ive done it on that ive sold....I love it

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Dude! That is cool! What kinda tires are on it?

Hadn't noticed those before. Very cool. Would love to have a WW set if they exist.

That color is uber cool with those black tires. I'm diggin' tires too! Very nice!

TheFlyingDingo said:
finally, Progress picture
Allmost ready to sell

i think im using either a white seat or a black seat...not sure right now...have to see what the position is for grips too. Im not selling it with the pedals on it now, since those were a gift from my dad...i MIGHT put a guard on it, im not exactly sure.
i think it looks great so far
IMG_4008.jpg

IMG_4009.jpg

IMG_4010.jpg

green with envy

Back