Rollfast Firestone Deluxe Cruiser ladies bike build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife wanted a bike to ride with me and my daughters. Here is what I'm starting with. Mid 50's girls ballooner. The plan is to basically restore it to what we want it to look like. Not restored, restified (restored/modified). This bike will get freshened up very nicely. My wife wanted a NEW bike, but I wouldn't allow it. Only the best for my 'ol lady!

759865468_photobucket_24752_.jpg

759865468_photobucket_24755_.jpg

Made in the USA, as it should be.

Very pimp, Super Rocket Ray headlamp.
759865468_photobucket_24757_.jpg

My wife wants Sage green and cream. I'm thinking that along with some pink pinstripes on the cream bits, will look sweet.

All of the "white" bits are in AWFUL condition. They are solid, but heavily pitted. It's gonna take sand blasting, high build primer and lots of sanding to bring this ol' girl back.

River City Speed said:
All of the "white" bits are in AWFUL condition. They are solid, but heavily pitted. It's gonna take sand blasting, high build primer and lots of sanding to bring this ol' girl back.

But it is definitely worth the effort. This is one nice bike and if you follow through with what you have in mind for it, it will be stunningly beautiful.

I like that bike :shock: That headlight looks great on there :mrgreen:

Get a bag of Dolphin glaze and hardener. I use it instead of bondo. Primer will never fill those pits. The glaze will. It sands like butter also. Apply it with a small bondo spreader. I have fixed similar bikes the same way.

Also if you want to part with those tires I would be interested.

Back