-ROLAND- FINISHED ((sneak peak))

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: -ROLAND- It rolls!!! 6/13

sick bike love the way it sits but yes i gotta say that your gonna have to do something about the chain route or your gonna have trouble. before u get much farther toss a crank in it to see i have been down the road your going before. art meets mechanical function and they constantly seem to fight one another.

Re: -ROLAND- It rolls!!! 6/13

gaskill said:
love this build. i'm a sucker for bullet holes and sweet mechanics. i love the rear and the fork, they work excellently.

Thanks for the props, Gaskill...I'm a HUGE fan of your style. Much respect.

Oh ye of little faith.....I put a little sprocket and a chain on today and as you can see I've got TONS of room. Also the rear adjustment works great for both tightening the chain and centering the wheel. Looks like I'll have plenty of room no matter where I decide to run the rearend. I'm a happy man. Now on to the tank!! :mrgreen:

100_5292.jpg

Re: -ROLAND- chain gang 6/17

I´m really digging this one!
This baby is really innovative, and looks super cool.

Now, will that drilled seat post tube resist more rust and the pass of time?

IMO One option to prevent the cracking would be welding a smaller diameter tube inside, that would look like a 30.cal Browning machine gun barrel (COOL) and assure the structural integrity of this mean machine :wink:
I reeeeeaaaaally like this bike!

you might have a problem with your tire bottoming out on the forks :oops:

Zombie King said:
you might have a problem with your tire bottoming out on the forks :oops:

I sat on the bike and bounced up and down and it wasn't even close. I have a feeling I might take a huge bump every now and then and it might happen. I played around with the geometry for a while before I decided on a final design.

Re: -ROLAND- Let's get TANKED (part 1) 6/22

Tank time!! Start with two blocks of wood. I'm using poplar, it's a "popular" wood :mrgreen:

100_5294.jpg

After a little visit to the router table with a half round bit:

100_5296.jpg

A good ol' cardboard template:

100_5300.jpg

Followed by the band saw:

100_5301.jpg

A trip to the disc sander to bevel the sides:

100_5304.jpg

Then stuck 'em in the frame to see what they look like.

100_5306.jpg

100_5307.jpg

Now all that's left is to clean 'em up real good and seal them. Then they'll be ready for the next process....and you won't get to see it until the last possible minute muahahahahaaaaaaa (mad scientist laugh)

Nice tank! You did it a different way. You sly dog you keeping us in suspense. Peace

If you took a 1/2" quarter round bit to the face edge it would soften it up just right!
I like the multi media bikes the best. One media just gets boring!

I'm jealous :mrgreen: she's taking shape now keep it up n see you at the finish :lol:

imagearchy said:
If you took a 1/2" quarter round bit to the face edge it would soften it up just right!
I like the multi media bikes the best. One media just gets boring!

I cant decide if I want to round the edges over or leave them sharp. I think rounded edges would look more like the traditional valve cover style, but I think the sharp edges will look neat in the finished product.

What do you guys think? Sharp or round???

Latest posts

Back