rocket power and speed sprocket

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that be one kool setup. i like it. buy it an cut out everyother tooth for a skippy.lol. woaa let would blow some minds

Outlaw :mrgreen:

My guess... The sprocket is oblong like the "biopace" chain rings. The lever lets it move on the crank shaft and probably has 2 positions. I can't explain how this effects the pedaling but something to do with where your power stroke will be or something.

I've got a NOS Rocket Sprocket hidden in a box somewhere that I've been trying to locate for over a year. I have searched and searched for it, but haven't found it yet. Locojoe is correct. The lever allows the crank to rotate about 90 gegrees and the sprocket is oval shaped and it places the crank in a position to allow more power on each pedal stroke. It also allows the crank to to be placed in the center position for easier cruising. They are neat looking, but a little on the noisey side when pedaling. They were popular in the late 1940's and early 1950's. I'm still looking for mine. Thanks!!!

Back