Rob - Model car builder from San Diego

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Found this site and I love it! I come from a model building background but have always wanted to do practical stuff. Bike building is the best, since it is artistic and mechanical. Welding, gears, design, and a great workout. What can be better? Also, many inventors started out as bike makers.

About me. I'm 35, from San Diego. I work at a prototyping shop. I want to be an inventor when I grow up. I build models on the side. Mostly cars and sci fi. Rat rod bikes seem to fit with model cars and sci fi because it has the most creativity and originality compared to other bike genres.

I haven't ridden a bike since I was 16, but last week road 24 miles. I intend to start commuting on my bike 2-4 times per week. My bikes are below:
Hosted on Fotki
Cruiser: 1989 Lugged KHS Montana Hybrid. Mods will include center bar, faux tank, tool box, fenders, carbide head lamp, brass accents, white tires, pedestrian splitter, longer handle bars, accented lugs, fake minor rust paint.

Hosted on Fotki
60's or 70's Huffy. First bike I bought, got a really good deal on it, but in my research I've found the frame won't work too well with the motor. Mods include pulling the motor and possibly using the frame to practice cutting and welding. Burrito maybe?

Hosted on Fotki
Women's Hawthorn. Mods will include converting it to male, adding the China girl motor from the Huffy, longer front fender, saddle bags, rear rack, longer handle bars, pedestrian splitter, white tires, old style seat, carbide lamp, mountain bike wheels. It will be an Evans Cycle Motor tribute bike.

Here are some of my models:
Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Cheers!

Very nice work! I love models, used to do heaps of them, dont really have the patience to do too many these days...
Looking forward to seeing those bikes when you are done, make sure you post progess pics on a build thread too! :wink:

Luke.

nice bikes and love the models with the fresh snow this A.M. would love to have the tracked one! LOL

Welcome! I'm in my 40's and still enjoy building a model now & then. Nothing as custom or cool as yours tho..... Here's a couple:

farmtruck2-vi.jpg

RedPete01-vi.jpg

MyMiniSquadCar003-vi.jpg

Back