Roadmaster Fender Braces

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am working to recreate my dad's first bike and have run into a small snag. I removed the fender braces to get the fenders powder coated and when I went to put them back on I realized that I have three different lengths of braces, two short, one medium and one long. The two short ones go on the front fender (I think) but I am not sure which order the other two bolt to the rear fender. Could I get a friend with a 26" AMF Roadmaster built bike to measure their braces and help me get mine figured out?

When I researched Roadmasters for my build, I saved a lot of the pics. This shows the rear braces shorter because they connect behind and above the rear axle, whereas the front connects right to the axle making it longer. If one of the rear braces is shorter, it would be the top one because it's closer to the fender from the looks of this pic.

Edit: I just noticed you had 4 braces. If the front bolt to the axle, they have to be the same length I think.

k16hxv.jpg

You could size them by lining them up over the frame without the fenders to check the clearance from the tires.

After spending a little time staring between Wildcat's pics and my pile of 6 braces I got it figured out. The two long ones go up front, the short one goes to the top of the rear fender and the medium goes to the back. Thanks for the help fellas.

Back