Road Master ID HELP !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guy's !

i got this bike from a good member (SimpleMan-Jeff)a bit a go and will like to find the correct tank for it if possible also the year that was made if some one could, oh and the correct seat also if any one has one around. thank's for you're help !

serial# F 17096 cw

RoadMaster1.jpg

RoadMaster2-1.jpg

Hi Rico,

I looked at the bike and I would expect there to be a letter “A” or a two-digit date like “52” stamped in the bottom bracket directly in front of the Cw stamping. The frame has the dropouts and many other characteristics of CWC production between late 1949 and early 1954 and that is how I would date the bike.

If there is no additional stamping beyond F17096 Cw then I expect that the additional information was either left off by accident or stamped very lightly and filled with paint or worn off over time. F19096 Cw would indicate a build date at least about a year earlier than what I am looking at.

As for the tank, I have the perfect tank for your bike, It came from a virtually identical bike I owned and is in black and white, it is a correct and perfect match to what you have and is in perhaps slightly better but reasonably close overall condition to your bike. It is complete with the horn button, the horn, and the battery tray. I was intending to put it up for sale here and on the CABE this weekend but since you asked, PM me if you are interested in first shot on it.

Phil

deorman said:
I seem to recall people running those truss rods reversed (crossed). :| :?

Hey That's an idea :idea: , but i also found a spriger fork for it i am a little confused about what to do :?

Back