Rivets for fenders

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if and where I can find the rivets the are used to mount vintage fenders to fender stays. I know I can buy the ones that have the nut on the end. I really want to use a rivet as opposed to an aftermarker item. I know somebody on here used them. Thanks

go to mcmaster-carr.com you want to search for solid rivets. its like $5 for 400 of em, but youll need the toold to put them on, ive seen the bench mount style tools but i dont think those will work for fenders or stuff wider than a couple inches. somebody else would surely know more than i do though. ive never messed with them but ive had a neighbor set some soild rivets before, they were brass, im sure anything else would require alot more elbow grease.

If I'm not mistaken, I got a big bag from Memory Lane. They're not a true rivet but work really well. They look like the originals on the top but are threaded on the bottom... the nuts come with them. Probably depends on just how much of a purist you are.

Latest posts

Back