Retro fixie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the wheels assembled with a flip-flop hub. This allows you to run a BMX style freewheel on one side and a fixed gear on the other. You should have 120mm spacing between your rear drop-outs to accommodate this style hub. I have found that you need a long reach caliper brake (on order!)to run the older frame with the 700c rim.

I don't know about the rest of the group, but I believe there is a word for this bike.

I'd call it ART!!! :mrgreen:

That is GORGEOUS!

Thanks for sharing!
Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

I love the way this bike looks! That added tubing really puts a whole new perspective on the aesthetics of this diamond frame. The interesting this in how well the more modern looking track wheels look against the old vintage set up, really works well actually! Nice looking bike I must say, just be careful riding without clips and straps on a brakeless fixed gear.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET looking. i love the way you used less parts to make your bike. Your choice of the parts you used was perfect. I want to build a fixie and hope it lookes half as nice as yours . Some one said ART and they are right . True bike ART !!!!! Bartleydad

Latest posts

Back