Rest of the bikes i found with the Imperial

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
dragstermossbergimperial018.jpg

dragstermossbergimperial020.jpg

dragstermossbergimperial019.jpg

dragstermossbergimperial027.jpg

dragstermossbergimperial026.jpg

dragstermossbergimperial024.jpg

What is that black tank bike! I MUST KNOW! I have that same chainguard laying around and I don't know what its from.

hey that red monark.... its a monark right?
for sale? part out? id like to see it as a whole

I think the black bike is a Cleveland Welding, someone ran into something hard with it!! Check out how jacked that front fork is...I have a springer just dying to go on it though...

I believe the red one is a Monark, none of the bikes had headbages except for the Firestone. I could maybe part with it if interested....

Is the tricycle for sale? I just found out last week that my wife and I are having a baby and im ready to do a tricycle for the little one :) if not I understand

The black tank bike is a Murray-Oho built Mercury, essentially the same as a Murray-Ohio built Elgin but the Elgin badged versions never came with that chain guard. Year would be between late 1936 and 1941. If the frame has a welded on kickstand it is the higher end version.

Aha, Monark's did come with ducktail fenders. Good to know. I thought mine were swapped from something else. Nice finds BTW.

Nice scores. Love that tricycle and th Mercury!

If you want to replace the fork, I have one that is that style off a ladies Elgin. You would need to shorten the steerer tube or have it re-threaded.

I actually have a old springer from a Mercury laying around, i didnt even know what it was for until i heard this bike was a mercury, pretty cool..

The bent fork on the Mercury with the sloping deco crown is the correct fork for the bike. Murray went to a forged fork on the top of the line models beginning in 1939 and stayed with forged forks into the fifties (cheaper to make in volume). Their first springer was not introduced until after WW2 so although Murray produced it, is not from the same period as the bike.

The chrome Firestone is going up for sale, its just not my style. If anyone is interested pm me with an offer. Its a cool bike but would rathe work on the black one....

JLarkin said:
Aha, Monark's did come with ducktail fenders. Good to know. I thought mine were swapped from something else. Nice finds BTW.
Yes, the regular "Deluxe" and Roadster models had ducktail fenders. The super deep fenders were for the Super Deluxe's. And the lower models came with springers too, depending on which model. -Adam

No way, I just missed out on this score! 50 dollars short and 12 hours late. They got my heart racing all over again seeing them again! I'm so glad they went to a RRB member, I was losing sleep thinking they might go straight to e-bay. Props to you, but I'm still jealous! :p

I couldnt believe he still had them, and for that price for all the bikes.....I probably will sell of one of them just because i alraedy have too many bikes!!! I will be on one of them next weekend for the Vintage bike ride in Mpls...

Back