ReSicycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fabbed cage hub covers for rear wheels.

ReSicycle8002.jpg

ReSicycle8001.jpg

ReSicycle8003.jpg

Clad the chainguard in meshwire & painted (can't see the detail, will see in final pic); and made some progress on the "honey comb tank.

Still deciding on pedals, chain, badging, etc.; looks like about 65% there.

ReSicycle9002.jpg

Finished the honey comb design, fabbed a fake air pump and behind the seat tool compartment.

ReSicycle10005.jpg

lookin very steamy! love the copper tubing.

heres a thought, ever use casting resin or envirotec lite?
you could fill a couple of those copper tubes with casting resin (i like the envirotec better)
in the casting resin you could add small cog's exploding watches, small alien fetus etc etc.
just like those old coins in glass paper weights.
they'd kinda look like small looking glasses.

super cool my friend, super cool!

icyuod2 said:
lookin very steamy! love the copper tubing.

heres a thought, ever use casting resin or envirotec lite?
you could fill a couple of those copper tubes with casting resin (i like the envirotec better)
in the casting resin you could add small cog's exploding watches, small alien fetus etc etc.
just like those old coins in glass paper weights.
they'd kinda look like small looking glasses.

super cool my friend, super cool!
That is a great idea...and judging by your fabrication skills, this might also be a great idea:

utilize one of the tube to house batteries that would light up some of those items held in suspension with casting resin 8)

...great build, love it. 8)

Dr. Icy,

Appreciate the prescription for utilizing the tubes; liking this idea alot. Since I live in the desert, maybe a scorpion or two could be added; and of course at least one (dare I say) skull in the tube design. It might be tricky getting the envirotec lite in the tubes. I am thinking maybe tape over one end and carefully pour in the other with the bike lying on it's side.

Thanks much, for sharing this great idea.

Vibr8shun,

Very cool idea; not sure how to go about this & keep it looking clean. Hmmm, let me see now......

Where's my drill & cutting torch?

2dawgs said:
Vibr8shun,

Very cool idea; not sure how to go about this & keep it looking clean. Hmmm, let me see now......

Where's my drill & cutting torch?
I'm throwing in my 2cents because your tube tank is one of the coolest ideas I've seen in a long time(so much possibilities) :mrgreen:
...yep I agree with you, Its something I would have to ponder also...I just might have to borrow your tube idea for a future project someday...don't worry I'll give you credit by referring to it as " The 2dawgs tube tank" (dang I wish I thought of it first) :mrgreen:

Pic of the Pedal Copper Rods, Chainguard meshwire overlay and rear tank tool compartment (side top comes off for access).

ReSicycle11006.jpg

Vibr8shun,

That's what this sites all about, sharing ideas. Can't wait to see your tube tank, 8) Vibr8shun style.

Cman,

Got a long way to go, to come even close to your masterpeices.

Thanks for the encouraging words.

Looks like filling the tubes with Envirotech Lite is a no go; store dealer said the heat & sun is not good for this application (yellowing & cracking). So decided to paint the name on the backlight; I have seen better work by my dog. Added a plumbing nozzle to the kickstand rest. Made a rack for the rear tool compartment & lashed it down w/ a belt. Probably almost there.

ReSicycle12001.jpg

ReSicycle12009.jpg

Re: ReSicycle, Complete!

Took ReSicycle downtown Gilbert this morning for her photo shoot. The background is the Gilbert Pumphouse (AKA Saturday Nite Drunk Tank during the 40's & 50's). Here's a preview shot.

ReSicycle13011.jpg

Latest posts

Back