remove decals that have been clearcoated over ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Kuwahara renaissance cruiser that is a few years old . I want to remove the decals but they have been heavily clearcoated , any ideas on how to remove them without wrecking the paint job ?

yea dude i think ur some outta luck

only way i see would be to mask off around the decal and somehow lightly sand through the clear and the decal but be careful not to damage the paint. then remove the tape and clear the frame.

Another possibility is to carefully score all the way around the sticker with a new razor to cut the clear and then heat the sticker and clear with a hair dryer or heat gun and peel it up. Then lightly wet sand the area smooth with 400 grit wet/dry paper and re clear it.

ACD said:
Another possibility is to carefully score all the way around the sticker with a new razor to cut the clear and then heat the sticker and clear with a hair dryer or heat gun and peel it up. Then lightly wet sand the area smooth with 400 grit wet/dry paper and re clear it.

color under sticker will be a shade off when you peel them off if it don't peel the base color off with it.

best idea.

i think i speak for all in saying that this is one thing that you could try but if you mess up you will have to repaint the whole frame. it is not easy i have done it and it is a real pain. i would just toss a cool sticker over it as mentioned if you dont feel confident.

Back