Reid Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Anyone have any inf or experience with Reid bikes? They call themselves an affordable brand. We got in 4 Reid fat bikes. All mtb. The first one, an Ares, went from box to built in 20 mins flat. All welds are cleaned up amazing well. Weight is decent. Finish is great. Components are decent. Wheels & tires are lighter than the stock ones off the montauk. I'm kinda a fan boy after building & riding bike #1. Unfortunately, while their line includes a mixte, there's not too much else of interest in their catalogue.

Thanks everyone
Lucas

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

We have a Reid bikes brand here in Australia, is it the same one?

http://www.reidcycles.com.au/reid-boss-26-fat-bike.html

Luke.
Looks like it is... It is an Australian based company and it appears not owned by any of the bigger players in the market...

http://www.reidbikes.com/dealers/re...edium=footer_link&utm_campaign=click_tracking

I like the pricing and spec list on that Boss fat bike, very tempting! I might have to go look at one next time I am in the big city...

Luke.

I love love the ares. Ive never considered a new bike, never ever, but i just cant replicate this build at home with my serendipity scraps. From 10' the frame looks carbon, the joints are so pretty. I was hoping you'd chime in Luke. Any other input from those down under?

Anyone is Australia looking to buy a Reid Bike soon?
This email I just got might interest you:

21479877026_dfae1a6010_z.jpg

Luke.

Reid is now running a $50 off all fat bikes sale:

$50 OFF - INTRO OFFER - SPRING IT ON!
Save $50 on the NEW range of Reid Fat bikes for a limited time (ends Tuesday 11pm 29th September) as part of Reid Cycles' Spring it on promo, so get on it while stock lasts!

Luke.

We unboxed a fee more Reid fat bikes. The Ares is 2x10, super light with nicer components. While the Hercules is heavier (and cheaper), it has a 3x8 drive train, which I prefer, and it will just eat everything in its path.

Back