RedLine Double X G-Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
this is my first gravity bike build. got the bike for free. it's all stock except for the tires, front u brake and plate an of course the knee pads. the bike is at 25.5 lbs as it sits now. i still need to build the seat and fab on the rear foot holders. i will be showing this bike at different places to promote G-Bike racing in the Seattle area. sooo here are the pic's of it so far. hope ya all like it.

IMG_1049-1.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

well i hope ya all like it

Outlaw

Looks great ! Can't wait to see more progress. Can you detail how you did the knee set up and what you used for pads?

the pads are from a roadie areo bar for your arms. i just put em for my knees. ya know areo knees.lol. i got some washers 4 on each side of the bb cups with a 5/8" hole in the middle an a 6 1/2" 5/8 bolt and i had to put on a 1" conduit to fit the holes of the pad bracked and where they bolt down i had to file one side till it was secured on the conduit and then i put the bolt thru all of it and presto a great fit. these things are real confy. i will be building a custom seat and i need to build extenders that go backward to fit my rear pegs as i am a little bit to tall for this bike to get a good tuck. but once that is done and put on new handle bar grips this puppy will be ready to go. now wheres those hills. as i said before, i will be showing this bike around the Seattle area to get some input and interest in g-biking and building. hopfully i'll be able to go down to portland and run with the hill bombers down there.

Outlaw

absolutely love the square section back end, they should make more bikes from square
you gunna leave it crome?

oh yeah, no paint on this one. it will show better the way it is. yeah i like the sq rear end too. i think it maks this bike look bad you know what.

Outlaw

hutch, thanks, hey what did ya do with that bike i sent ya? did ya get it welded back up or what?

Outlaw

Outlaw,

Thanks again for sending me that frame. I haven't done anything with it yet. It's sitting on a showcase in my guy's room. I think it might make a good BMX table lamp. :D

thats too funny. i really would like to see it back together again. lets see what ya can do with it. hmmm, a lamp.lol

Outlaw

With the BB missing, seat tube missing, the drive side chain stay reweld, slightly pinched looptail, and a portion of the down tube and top tube missing, my options are pretty limited.

I've seen a Mongoose Motomag lamp made from a frame in better condition, so it got me thinking about a Webco lamp. Powdered w/ reproduction decals might not look too bad. :mrgreen:

ya i hear ya. don't know why anyone would cut the bb out. that's how i got it, and the reason i cut it apart. too bad, but a lamp may be a great idea. i say go for it.

Outlaw

Back