Recovery 2016 - 7 speed Electra Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a guy who has a machine shop close to me. Its been slow business so he decided to try his hand at the bicycle game. He's buying the police auction's bicycles and selling the best ones and parting the less "new" ones out to use where needed. So that leaves him still with some bikes that he will let go at great prices. I've been able to find some interesting project bikes thru him.

I found this Electra 7d disguised as a single speed the last time I stopped by his shop.
20160102_220224 by shwsrvcs, on Flickr

I had a couple 7 speed set up's in my part bins so I got to the task of tearing it down.
20160103_011830 by shwsrvcs, on Flickr

After stripping the paint, I decided to go with a baremetal look on this thing and also to use fenders I've had for a while as well. For the fenders, I'd wanted to try getting a street sweeper look to them so I had to make some minor mods to the rear mounting spots and drill a couple holes to rivet the supports on. It's not totally wrapped around like I wanted, but for the cost of 0.00 I'm okay with that.

20160105_012307 by shwsrvcs, on Flickr

20160107_005920 by shwsrvcs, on Flickr

I toyed with the idea of having a shifter building one from a gripshifter I had but alas, this one was not the bike for that so it will be brought back again on another bicycle.... i hope.

20160109_223508 by shwsrvcs, on Flickr

Back