RECONF16URE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
RECONF16URE

I’m in! I was browsing thru my old photos in library and found one of my parts storage photos and looks like I’ll be taking a trip this weekend to brainstorm and see what I can reconfigure for my build.
0C868897-F99F-4FAC-BB63-3E8BF4B3F6C0.jpeg

Looks to me well overdue for a revisit, I can see any number of potential projects already :)

Welcome aboard Vin-New! Let those creative juices of your flow!
I already like what you did with your build name....slick work on incorporating the #16 BO. :wink1:

RaT oN~!

That's a B16 pile to D16 through. You're gonna have to Z16 zag through it. There might even be the makings of a P16 bike in there. Don't W16 out if some of them are broken. You can always T16 or M16 weld them back together. You'll probably build up an appetite working on it, so bring some F16 Newtons.

I'm sure that you will be R166ING something cool from all of that.

Last edited:
By the way @Vin-New , I like the ingenious way you incorporated the BO16 reference into your build name. BRAVO!

By the way @Vin-New , I like the ingenious way you incorporated the BO16 reference into your build name. BRAVO!
"
Welcome aboard Vin-New! Let those creative juices of your flow!
I already like what you did with your build name....slick work on incorporating the #16 BO. :wink1:"

Great minds...? :wink1:

Do you have it F166ERED out yet?

No, but sure - what could go wrong!

I have never wrapped anything but some presents and my sarnies, but I would love to have a go.

Carbon Wrap found online, looks easy to install… anyone use it before?
View attachment 162241View attachment 162242View attachment 162243
Depending on the thickness the pseudo vinyl sheet stuff goes on well by just wetting out the back and slowly squeegeeing it in place. A heat gun or hair dryer helps it stretch and be more malleable

Real carbon skinning is really not that difficult either and since it's not structural it would only need a layer or two. Resin, squeegee, sand, fill, sand, polish

Latest posts

Back