Recoating handle grips

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have ugly handle bar grips or just a color that needs to be changed this stuff really works. It's called plastic dip and I bought some at home depot the other day. This is not paint,(I've used paint and it flakes and scratches off easily)da this is a multi-purpose rubber coating. This stuff sprays on like rattlecan paint but you can put it on a little thicker than paint because it won't run. (just not too much). I put two coats of this stuff on and its lasted me. I'm not sure if they sell this stuff in colors other than black but it worked for me.

DSC06343.jpg

DSC06349.jpg

DSC06352.jpg

plasti-dip rox!! you can get it in a bucket too and dip stuff in it for like a 1/16 inch coating or twice for super fat... :mrgreen:

Cool find! After reading this thread I did a search to find out if I could get that stuff over here and I discovered that you can get a kit that contains a pot of clear Plasti Dip and a few little bottles of tint so you can make your own colours.
displayImage.php

Although it looks like the spray can version comes in red, yellow, blue, black, white & clear.

Back