Reclaiming the endangered fleet.......

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Uh oh......

that ThunderJet is sweet. hope you are able to work this out. I say get a forum member to go over there, box and ship, and pay him with one of the bikes. that would be a sweet deal if it worked out.

tell your aunt to get all her friends together and tell her to get on the bikes and RIDE! :lol: :wink:

Check the storage places, they have small sizes, 5x10, that might be reasonable. You could stack them in there for the time being until a feasible plan, or more money came available to get them to Arizona.

Pics of the other 5?

Re: Uh oh......The rest of 'em

Here's the rest of the imperiled fleet.......
bfgoodrich1.jpg

girlshiggins1.jpg

huffy.jpg

schwinnskipper.jpg

spaceliner.jpg

Anybody got an "East to West" trip planned for the fall?
Pick up ten bicycles in Indiana and deliver them to Arizona and I'll line your wallet with $600...... :D

Tonka said:
Anybody got an "East to West" trip planned for the fall?
Pick up ten bicycles in Indiana and deliver them to Arizona and I'll line your wallet with $600...... :D
Don't be putting ideas in my head. :)

PODS. It's a company. They take a container to where you want and leave it as long as you want, you fill it, then they take it where you want and then you empty it, then they come and take the empty away. If you want they'll store the container for you. If you've got any bud's, homies, people who aren't total thieves in the neighborhood of the bikes you can get them to load them up. Much cheaper and easier than breaking them down and boxing for shipping.

This makes it easier for someone else to help. Even if it's some dimwitted cousin, he can at least stuff the bikes in there without damaging too much.

None of this is free, but it's gotta be better than round tripping it or Fedex.

If you can get them to St. Joseph, MO before Oct. 4th, I can probably get them back to AZ for you.

I haven't been able to move them an inch yet, but if I can get them to Mizzou I'll let you know.
Thanks for the offer! :)

Curtis,

Were in Indiana are they? I live about 22 miles from the Indiana state line right on I-70. If they are not that far away, we may be able to work out some kind of deal to pick them up, break them down and ship them. I remember you said you had friends in Eaton, O. so I figured they may be close. I really like that girls Higgins :wink:

Hey Jeff,
They're in Greenfield Indiana. It's right off of the I-70 too........

Right on Rt 40.....I know just where it is. Let me sleep on it and see what I can come up with. Might be able to do a partial disassembly, skid them up and ship them all at once, freight.

Thanks Jeff...... any help would be great.

I'm bringing them home....... I only hope I haven't lost my mind!

Well,
It's been a while since I've posted anything on this topic, and there's a new development. Through determination, or temporary insanity, I'm about to embark on a mission to reclaim the endangered fleet. I bought a 1990 Ford F250 and I'm going to drive it to Indiana and back beginning this Thursday. I figure it to be a 3,600 mile round trip or so. I'll also be bringing my 65 year old mother back with me for the holidays.
Wish me luck amigos......

Back