Rebuild/bearings help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I decided to completely tear down and rebuild my murray cruiser

All the bearings for the steering and crank were super rusted and crappy.
I found a website that carries the bearings but I have no idea what size I need, can anyone help?
Also, what grease do I need for the bearings and chain, where can I buy it?

One more question
Where can I buy another one of these? the one I have is ghetto rigged and sucks

that nut on the inside of the rear drop outs is the reason the coaster brake was ghetto rigged in the first place.
your gonna have to move it to the outside of the drop out for a standard coaster brake bracket to work, or your gonna have to ghetto rig it. :)

icyuod2 said:
that nut on the inside of the rear drop outs is the reason the coaster brake was ghetto rigged in the first place.
your gonna have to move it to the outside of the drop out for a standard coaster brake bracket to work, or your gonna have to ghetto rig it. :)
...That nut is not supposed to be there?

Brake arm looks bent, or unbent actually. The bend near the bolt is supposed to be there, and there's supposed to be a bend right where it comes off the hub. It looks pushed in there. At least to my eyes, thinking that's a shimano coaster... ~Adam

That axle nut is right were it belongs, the arm is supposed to be bent outwards, underneath the frame stay and bolted inside the clamp as stated in the previous 2 postings.

I have lots of different sizes of new bearings, if you post the numbers off the retainers I'll see if I have the ones you need.

Crassly said:
I have lots of different sizes of new bearings, if you post the numbers off the retainers I'll see if I have the ones you need.
ill get back back to you, what about grease?

deorman said:
You can get special grease from lbs, but regular lithium wheel bearing grease from auto parts stores is fine, actually better for inside the brake assembly.
...lbs?

Crassly said:
the one for steering says 73 A, one for the crank says 99

deorman said:
Did you fix your brake mount? That was probably done to hide the arm, but totally inconvenient and not well done. :?
Yeah I put it on correctly.

Back