rear dropouts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that the straight down tube usually indicates a prewar frame.
00C0C_1U2CpWpHWVz_600x450.jpeg

Nice looking bike!

AMF used up the rest of CWC's old stock, so forward drops didn't show up until 1955, about the same time as Murray. Only Schwinn and Monark switched over completely after WWII. Westfield/Columbia started postwar, but had a more gradual change over, starting with the top end models. -Adam

Coo,l so how do i tell if its a 48 or earlier?
AMF used up the rest of CWC's old stock, so forward drops didn't show up until 1955, about the same time as Murray. Only Schwinn and Monark switched over completely after WWII. Westfield/Columbia started postwar, but had a more gradual change over, starting with the top end models. -Adam

te="Rustinkerer, post: 788787, member: 2940"]AMF used up the rest of CWC's old stock, so forward drops didn't show up until 1955, about the same time as Murray. Only Schwinn and Monark switched over completely after WWII. Westfield/Columbia started postwar, but had a more gradual change over, starting with the top end models. -Adam[/quote]
So I

Yeah, the problem is, a lot of ppl have generalized Schwinn's dropout history to other builders, which is obviously flawed in the vast majority of cases. I have a 2010 Worksman with rear-facing dropouts ("track ends"); a lot of ppl would label it "pre-war" on fleabay. :chicken:

Back