Really?? Crazy CL ad.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
http://austin.craigslist.org/bik/2600795681.html

Text from ad:
"I have restored 80s Murray Monterrey that I made about a year ago. I put over $1200 dollars into this bike when I was restoring it. It has many new pieces. It has a Brooks saddle. I had it sand blasted and painted flat black. It has 26 inch white wall wheels with silver and black rims, black spokes, and gold nipples. It has a gold chain and crank with black pedals. It has no brake wires, just going back on the pedals. I kept it very clean and weird like Austin. It comes with a U-lock and flat black Helmet. Will consider trades. "
:shock: :shock: only wants $700 for it too, what a deal!

I bet you could get it for cheaper if you told him you didn't want the ULock and Helmet!! :shock:

I picked up that same bike but in a 5 speed trim. I should be able to get 5 times his price then.

:shock: :lol: That reminds me of what I saw on ebay the other day but I can't remember what I typed in the search to find it again unless they changed it to a lower price.

And at the end of all his tireless efforts on his project custom rat bike...he still has a Murray Monterey! :lol: Possibly worth his asking price in the year...2199.

The guy definitely put a lot of money into that bike. Regardless of the numbers, he's a fellow rat rodder... possibly on this forum. Be careful. :lol:

Outlaw90 said:
I-SCHWINN-JU-LUZ said:
MY SON'S UNCLE SPENT $2500 ON A CHEEZY MOUNTIN BIKE. I COULD'VE BUILT A FLEET OF BIKES FOR THAT MUCH. :shock: :? :?:

Dude thats nutz!! i could bought like 200 bikes for that much lol... :D

........OR A DOWN PAYMENT ON A NEW MOTOR CIYCLE OR SOMETHIN. I LIVE CHECK TO CHECK.... :cry: I SOOOOOOOOOOO WANT TO PUNCH THAT A**HOLE.
DID I TELL U HIS WIFE IS LEAVING HIM, AND NOW ALL OFF SIBER SPACE KNOWS BEFOR HE DOSE.......... ANYONE......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

It's a given that you never get back the money you put into a custom bike, but this guy seems to have taken that to new levels!

Latest posts

Back