Ready for powder

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm thinking a dark metallic teal on the frame and where the chrome used to be on the springer, and black for the main legs of the springer....any thoughts or suggestions other possible color combos??

Attachments

• PXL_20240403_185945519.jpg
    PXL_20240403_185945519.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 6
A pre 1952 Schwinn straightbar. Can't go wrong unless it was pink with polka dots.

Maybe the chainguard teal and black to match? I'm not sure if they can spray the powder two colors on the same piece.

A pre 1952 Schwinn straightbar. Can't go wrong unless it was pink with polka dots.

Maybe the chainguard teal and black to match? I'm not sure if they can spray the powder two colors on the same piece.
The chain guard is actually an issue...powder vs paint, one color vs two or just no guard at all...gonna run 3 pc black cranks on it...

The components will be black and gold...gold pedals, bar clamp, black bars....maybe black hoops w gold hubs

And I bet I could do a sweet polka dot build ..maybe a challenge??lol

The chain guard is actually an issue...powder vs paint, one color vs two or just no guard at all...gonna run 3 pc black cranks on it...
With the 3 pc cranks, I'd leave it off to highlight the chainwheel.

My 42 Hawthorne with 3 pc conversion:

42 hawthorne 2 - Copy.jpg

I went with black and chrome on my ‘53. I’m waiting for a mate to lace the rear wheel. I contemplated fitting a set of 3 piece black cranks too.

I had the frame powdercoated and painted the bars and tank myself.

For a 2 color scheme if powder coating, I believe you would need to powder coat the main color and paint the second one.
IMG_7927.jpeg
IMG_7690.jpeg

IMG_7835.jpeg

Last edited:

im thinkin im going to end up doing it teal and then hand pinstriping it. That is what I do for a living after all...

Latest posts

Back