Ratty Kirk Revolution

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Day one. Dusting off the Kirk Revolution frame that has been waiting patiently for some attention. It will be my second Kirk Revolution project. Here's a pic of the first - a Steampunk inspired bike called Victoria.

Gentlemen, start your engines!

320165_10150396833342090_915852597_n.jpg

313156_10150396827442090_623907089_9981325_1917375454_n.jpg

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THAT BIKE!

I quit, you just won. Crap.

:mrgreen:

I would say "good luck" but I don't want you to have even more of an unfair advantage. :shock:

Yup! We're pretty much done for! Pack it up, guys! :? :cry:

The rest of us are striving to be the first loser! :shock:

Cool frame! Did anyone else notice you can pull the chain without breaking it?

Peatbog said:
Yep, all he has to do is wash it.

I'm pretty sure the bike pictured is another of the same bike, he should post photos of the one he will build soon.

Hey Marc Snelson, just noticed that was your first post here, please go to the Intro forum and give us an introduction so we can know a little more about you.

Yeah - I'm pretty new to forums. I'm much more at home with a spanner! It took me about 20 minutes just to figure out how to upload the pictures :) I'll load an introduction piece shortly.

The bike is indeed cast Magnesium. They were made by a British company who extracted the Magnesium out of a cubic metre of seawater. The engineer who designed the frame and founded the company was a CAD pioneer who used to design bumpers for Ford cars. Unfortunately the company folded after only a few years. The frames are still quite readily available on ebay but can often change hands for some quite princely sums. They never really stood the test of time and were prone to cracking. They also ride like crap. I liken it to riding a unicycle whilst pushing a wheelbarrow!

To be fair - that bike has been built and tweaked over a couple of years. Here's how the frame started life:
21970_286047147089_623907089_4523035_8297303_n.jpg

It was a total wreck but salvageable just about. There's nothing really fancy done to it - and to be honest I think almost all of the bikes I see on here are nicer than mine.

So...have great builds everybody. I'll post more pics soon.

I actually have three :) One is built up (the gold bike), another is mt BBO7 entry - and the last one is in the garage hanging up waiting for another opportunity to build a bike !

Back