"RATS-ALT"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "RATS-ALT" (ALMOST)

stocksucks said:
Love it man.
Congratulations
THANKS!.....But there's still more to come! :lol:

love it also!
i think the world really is gonna end soon though......
kota did a bike with flipped bars and i just finished one with apes :shock:

sensor said:
love it also!
i think the world really is gonna end soon though......
kota did a bike with flipped bars and i just finished one with apes :shock:
:lol: :lol: I think you're RIGHT!

This bike is starting to "talk" to me now!....And it's demanding my respect! He said he don't want NO tailpipe lookin chainguard....I said Okay.....He said he wanted Aero bars...I said: I ain't putting those STUPID bars back on!...WE compromised....He said the sun was in his eye(s). So I went in the old parts pile and found a baseball cap visor for him....We're both happy....But we're NOT done.

And yes, I keep showing the bike at the same angle....Gotta save something for the final shots. :roll:

002-46.jpg

Re: "RATS-ALT" (He's talkin)

sensor said:
so far im liking the ideas the bikes throwing at you(or is that the twinkies talking :p )
The twinkies are in the container under the seat....QUICK access, don't have to stop riding to get them. I think the twinkies are the "brains" of this build!........OH NO! Now it's TWO against ONE!

He said he wants a FENDER!......LOOK at me! I'm doing a bike with flipped bars AND a fender! :lol: :lol: Sensor, keep looking UP. It could happen (end-o-world).

That could use a wheelie bar :wink: That would also be a first for you :mrgreen:

Different angle on the front...It's DONE.

003-21.jpg

Oh come on Kota, so she is a HE NOW??? :shock:

That´s no good man, you´re getting me confused...
What do I do with my feelings now? Does anybody knows a good shrink? :shock: :lol: :lol:

KOTA said:
Closer pics.
Is it RAINING out: YES
Do I CARE: NO! Bike can't get any rustier then it is.

Have to look at these for a while. Don't know if I like them...They'll be black.
010-4.jpg

Will also get painted.
009-9.jpg

Bars ARE spaced evenly. Hard to get the right camera angle to see.
011-8.jpg
thanks for posting this it gives me an idea of how to mount my tank , nice bike by the way

Gdcast said:
Oh come on Kota, so she is a HE NOW??? :shock:

That´s no good man, you´re getting me confused...
What do I do with my feelings now? Does anybody knows a good shrink? :shock: :lol: :lol:
So sorry Gdcast...I didn't know HE was a transcycle bike. Probably why he started talkin to me. WORD on the street is, HE likes ya, and just wants to be friends with ya ( he was flattered by you)...He also gave me the name of a good "Cycle-ogist", in case you needed one. :wink:

nelvolks: That idea came from NLCTVWguy, Rob, a moderator here. He told everyone where to get it. As you know, that's one of the great things about this site....EVERYBODY is willing to share.

socratesjpt: I have those, and also "lag" bolts. i don't know which ones I'll use in the end.

slow rider said:
dame that's so cool! that it just might steal votes from my bike! :( oh well killer build grate job you did.
slow rider...I gotta tell ya...I'm gonna try to steal as many votes as I can from you. I'll make a deal with you. YOU vote for ME and I'll vote for ME too. :lol:

Tornado warnings are over (11PM). Had numerous tornados about 8-10 miles away. Nasty weather for about 6hrs...VERY unusual for this area. I wasn't going to bed until we were sure weather was stable, so I got a little work done....I bought a fender, made a MINI skirt (after all bike is from the 60's) cut it up, notched it out, beat it up a little and this is what I came up with. Put a quick coat of primer on to see how it flows. Just in place now, will mount it tomorrow. I gotta stare at it for a while, to see if I like it....NOT quite sure yet.

Started with this.
002-47.jpg

Ended up with this.
010-5.jpg

Re: "RATS-ALT" (mini skirt)

my vote for 1st place so far. i just love this bike the fender is sick

Re: "RATS-ALT" (mini skirt)

010-5.jpg

Your doing a superb job with the rear fender. It's got me hypnotized and nearly has me to the brink but the valve caps bring me back :shock: I still got to work out some details with my fender but hey, mine's longer than yours :wink:

Graylock

Back